A DOMINANCE OF WIND AND SOLAR FORECAST
The global electricity market is in flux with a monumental shift from fossil fuels to variable renewable energy (VRE) underway. A dominance of wind and solar is forecast. However, the VRE have no present means to control power delivery (subject to nature of wind & sun) and as such they are unable to cater for the 24/7 needs of C&I which to date has little to no low emission solutions. This is evident in the over capacity of VREs with 20% of total Western World Capacity but it remains at only a fraction of actual generation mix for consumption (no production when needed).
THE APPLICATION OF ENERGY STORAGE TECHNOLOGY
- The Energy Storage technology (PCM Battery) solution will fill the unmet need for low cost Clean Base Load power that is deployable.
- The nearest competitor is pumped hydro, which is not easily deployable (due to topographic geographic factors) plus large infrastructure capital expenditure requirements.
- Presently there is NO low cost, readily deployable Utility Scale Long Duration Clean Energy Storage Solution (Li-Ion is not long duration storage) alternative to Pumped Hydro Storge (PHS). PHS is 95% of the global market.
- PCM Battery technology is modular and scalable and compares in all respects of affordability, scale & life to the PHS benchmark.
- Critical Demand is in BASE LOAD MW/MWh 4-5 HOURS Running time to service the Shoulder & Peak Market Needs. (Li-Ion or even Flow Batteries are NOT Base Load)